DAYTON, Ohio -- A mother was arrested on suspicion of murdering her newborn daughter by microwaving the baby in an oven.Related post: news, weird, baby, crime, odd
China Arnold, 26, was jailed Monday on a charge of aggravated murder, more than a year after she brought her dead month-old baby to a hospital. Bail was set Tuesday at $1 million.
"We have reason to believe, and we have some forensic evidence that is consistent with our belief, that a microwave oven was used in this death," said Ken Betz, director of the Montgomery County coroner's office.
He said the evidence included high-heat internal injuries and the absence of external burn marks on the baby, Paris Talley.
Arnold was arrested soon after the baby's death in August 2005, then was released while authorities investigated further. Betz said the case was difficult because "there is not a lot of scientific research and data on the effect of microwaves on human beings."
The death was ruled homicide by hyperthermia, or high body temperature. The absence of external burns ruled out an open flame, scalding water or a heating pad as the cause, Betz said. more...
Celcom Extends Prepaid Registration CampaignRelated post: celcom, mobile, business, news, malaysia
KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 23 (Bernama) -- Celcom (Malaysia) Bhd is extending its prepaid mobile subscribers registration campaign and opening more channels for registration in order to get more to sign up.
Celcom's Tower X campaign, which was launched on Oct 19 and due to end on Nov 30, is being extended to Dec 15, said senior vice president of marketing, Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin.
Dec 15 is the deadline for mobile subscribers in Malaysia to register or face the consequence of having their lines deactivated.
Customers who register their prepaid lines up to Dec 15 timeframe stand to win one of the thousands of Black Ice GPRS phones, Zalman said at a press conference on the phone presentation to 40 winners of the campaign.
He said registered fixed line subscribers who are also mobile subscribers could now register via interactive voice recording.
Other channels for customers include Celcom's branches, dealers, TM Point outlets, Pos Malaysia post offices, participating Shell, Petronas and BHP petrol stations, and also the Internet by visiting www.rhb.com.my or www.cimbclicks.com.my.
Celcom has also deployed thousand of promoters to register subscribers, Zalman said.
He said more than 50 percent of the subscribers have registered their prepaid lines, roughly at around the industry average, but did not provide details on the number of subscribers at the moment.
Related post: heart, baby, medical, weird, yahoo, news
MIAMI - Using a piece of Gore-Tex fabric to make their repairs, doctors performed corrective surgery on a baby born with his heart outside his chest, and said Wednesday that the youngster should be able to lead a close-to-normal life.
Naseem Hasni underwent surgery to put his heart inside his chest hours after being delivered by Caesarean section Oct. 31 at Holtz Children's Hospital.
He remained in critical but stable condition Wednesday.
"He's not going to be able to play certain kinds of sports where a blow to the sternum to you and me wouldn't be a problem, but in him it would be. So I think some competitive sports are going to be out," said Dr. Eliot Rosenkranz, a cardiothoracic surgeon, "but he's going to be able to participate in other sorts of activities."
He added: "Certainly the goal is as normal a childhood as he can achieve."
Lyrics Plugin is a piece of software tailored for music fans. To put it simply - it is an add-on to view lyrics in WinAmp or Windows Media Player. No more searching for lyrics. Just start listening to your favourite songs and lyrics will be displayed automatically. Oh, and if lyrics is not found, you can add it yourself :)Related post: lyrics, software, winamp, musics, plugin
KUALA LUMPUR 19 Nov. – Bermula dengan minatnya yang amat gemar membeli- belah, tokoh korporat tempatan Datuk Jaafar Abdul Hamid akhirnya memutuskan untuk memiliki sendiri kompleks membeli belah.~sumber
Beliau kini memiliki dua buah kompleks membeli belah yang terkenal - Subang Parade dan Mahkota Parade - dan sedang meneliti untuk menambah lagi ‘koleksi’ itu.
‘‘Memang hobi saya membeli-belah, saya membeli kompleks membeli belah kerana mahu memperkenalkan konsep pusat membeli belah yang saya inginkan.
p/s: nak beli jugak la satu hu hu
Related post: berita, utusan, melayu, malaysia, korporat
Do Not Disturb!
Photograph by Christian Ziegler
From "Red-eyed Tree Frogs," National Geographic, November 2006
Mating red-eyed tree frogs will add new life to a population besieged by predators.
Click on your monitor size to download image:
15 inches (38 centimeters) or smaller
15 inches (38 centimeters) or larger
Related post: ng, wallpaper, november, 2006, frog
KUALA LUMPUR: Rakaman video memaparkan enam banduan disebat yang diambil secara sulit, terlepas keluar dari simpanan Jabatan Penjara dan kini menjadi tatapan umum selepas dipercayai diulang cetak dan disalin dalam bentuk cakera video digital (DVD) sebelum dijual di pasaran gelap.p/s: siapa perlu disalahkan? perlukah prosidur seperti ini dirakam?
DVD terbabit menayangkan secara terperinci cara banduan di sebuah penjara menjalani hukuman sebat antara satu hingga 20 kali sehingga menimbulkan rasa ngeri apabila ada pesalah yang dirotan itu meraung kesakitan dan mengalami kecederaan serius.
Bagaimanapun, tidak dapat dipastikan rakaman proses hukuman yang dilakukan secara sulit itu boleh terlepas ke luar tembok penjara dan seterusnya jatuh ke tangan penjual DVD sebelum ia dipasarkan kepada orang ramai.
Harian Metro yang mendapat salinan DVD berjudul ‘Rotan 18SG’ berharga RM10 setiap satu itu mendapati, sampul DVD itu tertera gambar banduan disebat.
Berdasarkan sampul itu, pengedar mendakwa rakaman video terbabit diambil jurugambar amatur yang juga pegawai penjara menggunakan kamera video.
Rakaman terbabit pada peringkat awalnya menyiarkan beberapa banduan lelaki berbaris sambil menunggu pemeriksaan doktor sebelum menjalani hukuman rotan.
Turut ditunjukkan adalah visual seorang doktor bertugas di penjara terbabit memeriksa kesihatan banduan sebelum hukuman dijatuhkan.
Rakaman video itu kemudian menunjukkan seorang ‘tukang sebat’ berbaju putih dan seluar panjang gelap melakukan sesi ‘memanas badan’ dengan memukul rotan ke arah objek seperti bantal pada kayu palang yang akan digunakan untuk merotan pesalah.
Rakaman seterusnya menunjukkan seorang pegawai penjara berjalan menuju tempat hukuman dijalankan sebelum lensa kamera video memfokuskan ke arah beberapa fail peribadi banduan yang bakal dikenakan hukuman rotan.
Tidak lama kemudian, seorang banduan lelaki berjalan ke arah pegawai terbabit sebelum memberitahu nama dan nombor pengenalan banduannya.
Pesalah disandarkan pada palang kayu sebelum seolah-olah diikat beberapa kakitangan penjara dalam keadaan bahagian punggung banduan itu terdedah.
Sebaik seorang pegawai penjara mengeluarkan arahan dua kali hukuman rotan, ‘tukang sebat’ kemudian melepaskan dua sebatan ke arah punggung pesalah.
Kamera video turut memfokuskan bahagian punggung pesalah yang calar dan berdarah sebaik dirotan.
Rakaman seterusnya memaparkan tiga lagi banduan yang turut dirotan sebanyak satu hingga dua kali.
Turut dipertontonkan, seorang pesalah lelaki dibacakan semula kesalahan dan hukumannya iaitu dipenjara 11 tahun dan 13 sebatan.
Pesalah dijatuhkan hukuman rotan serentak sebelum berjalan masuk ke bilik rawatan sambil diiringi beberapa wadar penjara.
Rakaman selanjutnya menunjukkan pegawai penjara melawat banduan yang selesai menjalani hukuman rotan dalam bilik rawatan.
Kebanyakan banduan dilihat berbaring sambil punggung mereka disapu ubat.
Pada sesi seterusnya, rakaman video terbabit tambah ‘panas’ apabila memaparkan seorang banduan menerima hukuman 20 sebatan.
Banduan yang tidak dapat menahan kesakitan beberapa kali menjerit ‘Allahhu Akhbar’ sebaik rotan singgah di punggungnya.
Susulan paparan DVD itu, Harian Metro cuba menjejaki penjualnya sebelum mendapati ia diedarkan seorang peniaga di ‘Pasar Karat’, Jalan Petaling di sini.
Wartawan Harian Metro menyamar pelanggan sebelum memasuki pasar terbabit jam 6 pagi semalam.
Hasilnya, seorang lelaki berusia sekitar lewat 40-an berniaga DVD terbabit di hujung pasar itu dengan hanya membuka meja.
Lelaki itu turut menayangkan sedutan rakaman terbabit untuk menarik pengunjung pasar itu dengan menggunakan pemain DVD mudah alih bersaiz kecil.
Sewaktu dihampiri, lelaki itu memberitahu DVD terbabit dirakamkan secara sulit dan tidak mungkin dapat dibeli di mana-mana premis atau kedai.
Ketika diminta mengurangkan harga DVD dijual, lelaki terbabit memberitahu dia perlu membayar komisyen kepada ‘individu’ yang mengedarkannya.
Tinjauan Harian Metro selama satu jam mendapati puluhan pelanggan mengerumuni meja jualan itu.
Seorang pelanggan yang ditemui berkata, pendedahan hukuman sebat itu secara terbuka tidak jauh bezanya dengan gambar boegl seorang suri rumah melakukan ketuk ketampi dalam lokap disebarkan melalui klip video, Jun tahun lalu.
Ia sepatutnya menjadi rahsia jabatan kerajaan dan tidak sewenang-wenang didedahkan kepada umum apatah lagi untuk mendapatkan keuntungan.
Related post: berita, malaysia, penjara, dvd, melayu
SAO PAULO, Brazil - A woman was released from the hospital a day after she was shot in the head six times in an attack police blamed on her ex-husband, Brazilian media reported Saturday.Related post: yahoo, news, odd, brazil, crime, weird
Patricia Goncalves Pereira, a 21-year-old housewife, was shot Friday after an altercation with her ex-husband, who was upset because she refused to get back together with him, Globo TV reported.
"I know this was a miracle," Pereira told the TV network. "Now I just want to extract the bullets and live my life."
Doctors could not explain how Pereira survived the attack. The .32-caliber bullets didn't break through her skull and didn't even need to be immediately extracted, doctors said. Pereira also was shot once in the hand.
Police said the ex-husband was still at large, Globo TV reported.
1. Specify that your drive-thru order is "to go."Related post: fun, link, annoy, word, guide
2. If you have a glass eye, tap on it occasionally with your pen while talking to others.
3. Start each meal by conspicuously licking all your food, and announce that this is so no one will "swipe your grub."
4. Name your dog "Dog."
5. Insist on keeping your car windshield wipers running in all weather conditions "to keep them tuned up."
6. Reply to everything someone says with "that's what you think."
7. Claim that you must always wear a bicycle helmet as part of your "astronaut training."
8. Follow a few paces behind someone, spraying everything they touch with a can of Lysol.
9. Make beeping noises when a large person backs up.
10. Do not add any inflection to the end of your sentences, producing awkward silences with the impression that you'll be saying more any moment.
11. Adjust the tint on your TV so that all the people are green, and insist to others that you "like it that way."
12. Tell 1-800 operators they sound gay and ask for a date.
13. Sew anti-theft detector strips into people's backpacks.
14. Hide dairy products in inaccessible places.
15. Order a side of pork rinds with your fillet mignon.
16. Change channels five minutes before the end of every show.
17. Tape pieces of "Sweating to the Oldies" over climatic parts of rental movies.
18. Decline to be seated at a restaurant, and simply eat their complimentary mints by the cash register.
19. Buy a large quantity of orange traffic cones and reroute whole streets.
20. Repeat everything someone says as a question.
21. Write "X - BURIED TREASURE" in random spots on all of someone's road maps.
22. Inform everyone you meet of your personal Kennedy assassination, UFO, and OJ Simpson conspiracy theories.
23. Repeat the following conversation a dozen times: "Do you hear that?", "What?", "Never mind, it's gone now."
24. Light road flares on a birthday cake.
25. Wander around a restaurant, asking other diners for their parsley.
26. At the Laundromat, use one dryer for each of your socks.
27. Stand over someone's shoulder, mumbling as they read.
28. Ask people what gender they are.
29. Lick the filling out of all the Oreos, and place the cookie parts back in the tray.
30. While making presentations, occasionally bob your head like a parakeet.
31. Lie obviously about trivial things such as the time of day.
32. Leave your Christmas lights up and lit until September.
33. Change your name to "John Aaaaasmith" for the great glory of being first in the phone book. Claim it's a Hawaiian name, and demand that people pronounce each "a."
34. Sit in your front yard pointing a hair dryer at passing cars to see if they slow down.
35. Chew on pens that you've borrowed.
36. Wear a lot of cologne.
37. Listen to 33RPM records at 45RPM speed, and claim the faster speed is necessary because of your "superior mental processing."
38. Sing along at the opera.
39. Mow your lawn with scissors.
40. At a golf tournament, chant "swing-batabatabata-suhwing-batter!"
41. Ask the waitress for an extra seat for your "imaginary friend."
42. Go to a poetry recital and ask why each poem doesn't rhyme.
43. Ask your co-workers mysterious questions and then scribble their answers in a notebook. Mutter something about "psychological profiles."
44. Select the same song on the jukebox fifty times.
45. Construct elaborate "crop circles" in your front lawn.
46. Make appointments for the 31st of September.
47. Invite lots of people to other people's parties.
48. Leave the copy machine set to reduce 200%, extra dark, 17 inch paper, 99 copies.
49. In the memo field of all your checks, write "for sensual massage."
50. Stomp on little plastic ketchup packets.
51. Practice making fax and modem noises.
52. Highlight irrelevant information in scientific papers and "cc." them to your boss.
53. Finish all your sentences with the words "in accordance with prophecy."
54. Signal that a conversation is over by clamping your hands over your ears.
55. Disassemble your pen and "accidentally" flip the ink cartridge across the room.
56. Holler random numbers while someone is counting.
57. Staple papers in the middle of the page.
58. Publicly investigate just how slowly you can make a "croaking" noise.
59. Honk and wave to strangers.
60. TYPE ONLY IN UPPERCASE.
61. type only in lowercase.
62. dont use any punctuation either
63. As much as possible, skip rather than walk.
64. Try playing the William Tell Overture by tapping on the bottom of your chin. When nearly done, announce "No, wait, I messed it up," and repeat.
65. Sing the theme to the Batman television show as loudly as you can, over and over and over..
66. Tell people their accent isn't fooling anyone.
67. Drum on every available surface.
68. Write the surprise ending to a novel on its first page.
69. Set alarms for random times.
70. Learn Morse code and have conversations with friends in public consisting of "Beeeep bip bip beeeep bip.."
71. Buy large quantities of mint dental floss just to lick the flavor off.
72. Leave your Nine Inch Nails tape in Great Uncle Ed's stereo, with the volume properly adjusted.
73. Dress only in clothes colored Hunter's Orange.
74. Wear your pants backwards.
75. Begin all your sentences with "Ohh la la!"
76. Rouse your roommates from slumber each morning with Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music."
77. Leave someone's printer in compressed-italic-landscape mode.
78. Pay for your dinner with pennies.
79. Tie jingle bells to all your clothes.
80. Repeat everything someone says, as a question.
81. Leave tips in Bolivian currency.
82. Demand that everyone address you as "Conquistador."
83. Push all the flat Lego pieces together tightly.
84. When Christmas caroling, sing "Jingle bells, Batman smells" until physically restrained.
85. Wear a cape that says "Magnificent One."
86. Finish the 99 bottles of beer song.
87. Sing the "This is the song that never ends" song from Lampchop's Play-Along.
88. Leave your turn signal on for fifty miles.
89. Pretend your mouse is a CB radio, and talk into it.
90. Drive half a block.
91. Inform others that they exist only in your imagination.
92. Cultivate a Norwegian accent. If Norwegian, affect a southern drawl.
93. "Forget" the punch line to a long joke, but assure the listener it was a "real hoot."
94. Routinely handcuff yourself to furniture, informing the curious that you don't want to fall off "in case the big one comes."
95. Deliberately hum songs that will remain lodged in co-workers' brains, such as "Feliz Navidad," the Archies' "Sugar," or the Mr. Rogers theme song.
96. Invent nonsense computer jargon in conversations, and see if people play along to avoid the appearance of ignorance.
97. Ask to "interface" with someone.
98. Incessantly recite annoying phrases, such as "sticky wicket isn't cricket."
99. Stare at static on the TV and claim you can see a "magic picture."
100. Scuff your feet on a dry, shaggy carpet and seek out victims.
101. Never make eye contact.
102. Never break eye contact.
103. Construct your own pretend "tricorder," and "scan" people with it, pronouncing the results.
104. Give a play-by-play account of a person's every action in a nasal Howard Cossell voice.
105. Occasionally bark in a high-pitched voice.
106. Say "okay, you're gay" to anything someone says.
107. As people talk, smell their shoulders.
108. When in a conversation, look out the window, then say "Wait, start over. I wasn't paying attention."
109. Say to people, "Did you wear deodorant today?"
110. Place your shoes on the table.
111. When talking to someone, look at a spot about two inches to their right.
112. When standing near a "high-class person," ask them, "Excuse me, but do I have a booger hanging on my nose? I thought I picked it off."
113. Switch your neighbor's lawn furniture with someone else's.
114. Call into work and tell them you have something better to do today.
115. Buy goldfish and ask the clerk if they come with chips.
116. Sample every flavor of ice cream and tell the clerk what you don't like about each one.
117. Pick your ear wax and ask if you could use their sleeve to wipe it off.
118. Insist completely ridiculous things are true - like Bush is still President.
119. Speak in a strong Welsh accent.
120. Wear odd shoes.
121. Learn "Ice Ice Baby" by heart and recite it endlessly.
122. Disagree strongly with everything anybody says.
123. Throw stones at people walking past your house.
124. Keep changing the TV channel every two seconds.
125. Insist that Celine Dion is better than the Beatles.
126. Whenever anyone says something, laugh loudly as if they have just told and extremely funny joke.
127. Phone McDonald's and try to make a reservation for that evening.
128. Spend an entire weekend pretending you are R2-D2.
129. Phone random numbers and tell them you are holding their daughter hostage.
130. Recite the first 4,000 decimal places of Pi. Then ask if people want to hear it in binary, too.
131. Pretend you have gone completely deaf.
132. .sdrawkcab etirW
133. Walk into people's houses, go straight to the fridge without saying hello, and help yourself to their food.
134. Speak so quietly that people always have to get you to repeat it.
135. Loudly recite people's most embarrassing secrets in restaurants.
136. Play the electric guitar very loudly and badly, then when the neighbors ask you to turn it down, play even louder. When they come round to complain again, say, "Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you asked me to turn it up!
137. Try to fit the word "cornucopia" into every sentence you say.
138. Drive on the wrong side of the road.
139. Secretly learn to play the piano, then go to a friend's house who has a piano. Claim you've never played before then play Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring perfectly the first time. Then say, "I guess I must kinda be a natural."
140. Go canoeing and sing the Hawaii Five-0 theme.
141. Claim that until recently, you thought Michael Jackson was a woman.
142. Wear your cap backwards and say "Yo, wazzup?" a lot.
143. Go to a Metallica concert wearing a Michael Bolton T-Shirt.
144. Tell everyone you are Bill Clinton's cousin.
145. Take photos of people walking down the street and then run away.
146. Dedicate your life to politics, become president of the United States, then raise all taxes to 90%.
147. Down a can of Coke in one drink and then burp loudly.
148. Insist that it was Bobby who shot J.R.
149. Bark like a dog whenever anyone says the word "the."
150. Wire up people's cars so the horn comes on as soon as their car is started.
151. Ride a unicycle to work.
152. E-mail Microsoft to tell them about bugs in Windows XP that aren't actually there.
153. Stare at people for about five minutes, making sure they know you're staring at them. Then, slowly sneak up to them while humming the Mission: Impossible theme. Sniff their head, then run away. Repeat.
154. Continuously mumble during a conversation.
155. Take off the eraser to every pencil in your house, or better yet, someone else's house.
156. When in a chat room, spell everything incorrectly.
157. Insist on "Weird Al" sing-a-longs.
158. On a hot summer day, ride up and down the road and drench pedestrians with squirt guns.
159. When walking down a main road, act like a drunk.
160. Wear nothing but white and go mud wrestling.
161. Walk up to someone eating. Lean over and stare at them intently until they notice. Continue to do so until they ask what you're doing. Reply, "I've been watching you eat for the last 30 seconds.. You're weird!" Leave the restaurant.
162. When walking, talk to yourself constantly.
163. Move people's bookmarks ahead three pages when they aren't looking.
164. Call the operator. When asked, "Can I help you?" reply, "No thanks, just browsing."
165. Go to a gumball machine insert coins until you have a matching pair of fake eyeballs. After attaining these, record the theme song of The Twilight Zone over and over again. Drive down the street wearing the eyeballs and playing The Twilight Zone theme very loud. When you get pulled over, leap into the passenger's seat and claim, "He was here a minute ago, officer!"
166. On a night other than Halloween, get a few friends together and dress like Jason from Friday the 13th. Have each of you stand a mile apart on a highway.
167. After visiting the local donut shop, sit on the floor cross-legged and insist in a childish voice that you haven't received enough chocolate sprinkles.
168. Push a raisin into someone's cream-filled donut. (I don't get this one.)
169. Spread fertilizer on half your neighbor's lawn.
170. Add A535 (liquid heat) to that little hole down the center of someone's anti-perspirant.
173. Add blank entries to lists, to make it look like it's longer.
174. Call every pager number you know and leave the number for your local McDonald's.
175. Wash and scrub the trees in your front lawn.
176. Throw newspapers back at paperboys.
177. Tell people their fly is down when they're wearing sweat pants.
178. Stand on a busy corner. Gasp, look and point up. See how many people look.
179. At random times in a conversation, say "Hi," "Hello Sir, how are you?" or "Have a good day, thank you."
180. Put electrical tape over the headlights of someone's car.
181. Walk up to random strangers insisting you are family.
182. Dress like a "High-class rich person" and wash windows at random street corners. Demand a dollar in a British accent.
183. When a cop pulls you over, when they step up to your car, drive forward slowly and make them walk. Especially if it's raining.
184. In an office, lock all the doors behind you.
185. Face the back when standing in an elevator.
186. Grin so wide it hurts your cheeks at every salesperson in town.
187. When at an ATM, try to have a conversation with it, or pretend it stole your card. (This works best if there's a line.)
188. Unbend all the paperclips you can find, then replace every eraser you can find with a rubber band.
189. Ask people to prove everything they say. (e.g. "I'm Bob, nice to meet you..." "PROVE IT!")
190. Sharpen All your pencils to the same size EXACTLY.
191. Answer every question with another question. As soon as one of you says a statement instead of a question, shout "I win!".
192. Pose as a client at a bank or other professional institution, and when you are seated in front of their desk, keep rearranging the items on top into different patterns and tell them you are "just reorganizing things."
193. Instead of singing 99 bottles of beer on the wall, sing 999,999,999 bottles of beer on the wall!
194. Call every girl you know "dude".
195. Recite every song from the Playstation games PaRappa the Rapper and Um Jammer Lammy.
196. Bring a portable CD player to a concert and listen the CD because you insist that it is "Just better quality"
197. Press the "power" button on on someone's computer or keyboard when they're almost finished typing up a long essay, story etc. Apologize sincerely, claiming that you thought it was the focus adjustment.
198. Call 911 and breathe heavily.
199. Take a shower. Feel guilty. Give it back.
200. Mow your carpet. (Or preferably somebody else's)
201. Vacuum your lawn. (See note on 200)
202. Recite shakespearian poetry to everyone you meet.
203. Go to McDonalds and ask for a BK Whopper.
204. Order a pizza and ask them if they can "please put the crust on top this time" in an exasperated voice.
205. Every time someone asks you to do something or says something to you ask "Is that a threat?"
206. When in an elevator, in different voices, shout out random floors, and then watch as you get there, no one gets off.
207. Also, when riding up an elevator with a stranger, start singing a song that everyone knows, then expect them to start singing too. If they do not start singing, insist, "Everyone knows that song. Are you stupid?"
208. While walking make car noises loudly (Such as changing gears).
209. Whenever somebody says something, ask what the simplest word they said means. When they explain, ask what the simplest word in their explanation means. Repeat this for the entire conversation.
210. Go up to a someone and say, "Are you annoyed by irrelevant questions?" And then walk away very quickly.
211. Finish each sentence with "Monkey See, Monkey Do".
212. Click your mechanical pencils or your pens during a test in school.
213. Pretend you are invisible.
214. Convince people you are deaf and talk in an incredibly phony sign language.
215. Spend all day at a fast food restaurant and see how long it takes before you have to pay for your "free" refills.
216. Continuously open your briefcase or bag and say into it, "Have you got enough air in there?"
217. While going down in an elevator scream, "AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!! WE'RE GONNA DIE!!!" for no apparent reason.
218. Call everyone a communist.
219. Explain "the little green men" in detail to someone, and when they don't believe you, accuse them of being one in disguise.
220.. Call your neighbors collect.
221. Whenever someone finishes a sentence say, "And then what happened?"
222. Page yourself over an intercom, but don't disguise your voice.
223. Send people annoying chain forwards with outrageous consequences like "If you don't send this to 300 people in 4 seconds you will die instantly" and then insist that it is true and it happened to your uncle.
224. When walking push an invisible cart and make loud squeaky noises.
225. Walk up to random people and ask them, very seriously, "Do you know the muffin man?"
226. Clear your throat every three or four words while speaking.
227. Look at your hand in amazement and say, "Whoa, I never knew I had this!"
228. While driving if you see a "How am I driving" bumper sticker, call the number and inform the operator that the driver is doing a great job.
229. When driving with companions in the car, every few seconds slam on the brakes and insist that a squirrel ran in front of you.
230. When driving with companions in the car, every few seconds slam on the brakes and insist that a squirrel ran in front of you.
231. Whenever anybody says anything to you. Respond by saying, "I know."
232. Sending this list to all of your friends through email.
233. Continue to ask someone, "Is this annoying? Is this annoying?" over and over and over.
234. Tap someone on the shoulder repeatedly.
235. Begin every sentence with, "By the Gods!"
236. When you're in an argument, no matter what it's about, keep yelling "I don't see your name on it!".
237. When in public, pretend you are selling something in an infomercial.
238. At a restaurant, repeatedly send your food back for changes and after awhile insist that, "This isn't what I ordered!"
239. Go to a shoe store and try on every shoe, then say that you aren't interested in buying shoes and leave.
240. Put powdered sugar in your hair, sit down next to a stranger, and scratch your head a lot.
241. Turn on the Talk Radio Stations in your car, roll down your windows, and headbang.
242. Walk around with a plastic sword and shield and tell strangers "I must avenge the death of my father."
243. Scotch tape your door as an Anti-theft Device.
244. Super Glue quarters to floors.
245. Put the wrong date and year on the papers you hand in to your teachers.
246. Call random numbers and say "Hi, this is Julie from Basken Robins. If you can name 31 flavors in 31 seconds you get a free scoop."
247. WRIGHT N AL CAPITOL LETERS AND MISSSSSPEL EVRYTHIND!!!
248. Get two cell phones and talk to yourself on them in front of other people
This is Russian helicopter MI-24, but these particular are from Polish army. Poland during Soviet era was buying a lot of weapons from Soviet Union.
In Russia pilots call it “The Crocodile” because some of it’s form resemble some reptile according to their point of view.
So this Polish pilots decided to go further and drew reptile eyes on their helicopters, so now the crocodile analogy can be seen even more precisely.
Related post: image, military, helicopter, russia, crocodile
Jawapan Dr. Danial Zainal Abidin:
Dunia pada hari ini sedang dilanda krisis. Satu di antaranya ialah krisis nilai. Krisis nilai inilah yang menjadi sebab keruntuhan Empayar Rom. Edward Gibbon dalam bukunya The History of Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire telah menulis bahawa: Segala dasar-dasar akhlak dan moral di Rom telah runtuh sehingga ramai orang memilih jalan untuk hidup bebas.....Di akhir
abad keenam, Kerajaan Romawi Timur sedang berada di ambang keruntuhan yang paling dahsyat sekali!
Nabi datang untuk selamatkan kita dari kehancuran yang seperti itu. Nabi bersabda, Sesungguhnya aku diutuskan untuk menyempurnakan akhlak yang mulia. (Hadis riwayat Ahmad & Baihaqi)
Nilai akhlak inilah yang merupakan landasan dan kayu pengukur yang penting bagi kita. Akhlak tidak menghalang kehendak-kehendak fitrah. Ia mencantikkannya. Sebagai contoh, Islam tidak pernah menyuruh kita menutup nafsu seks, sebaliknya menyalurkannya kepada suatu yang murni, selamat dan mendamaikan. Perkahwinan adalah salurannya.
Alangkah indahnya firman Allah yang bermaksud: Isterimu adalah ladang bagimu maka datangilah isterimu dengan cara mana yang kamu mahu! (Surah Al-Baqarah ayat 223) Dalam bahasa mudah, selepas berkahwin, puaskanlah nafsumu dengan isterimu sesuka hatimu, melainkan dengan cara yang jelas telah diharamkan kerana kemudaratannya.
Saya harus mengatakan bahawa nilai pada hari ini banyak diasaskan kepada konsep Machiavellianisme yang dipopularkan oleh seorang pemikir dari Florence, Italy yang bernama Niccolo Machiavelli. Machiavelli, dalam bukunya The Prince telah menekankan konsep the end justifies the means ataupun niat membersihkan cara. Asalkan niat kita baik, berzinalah, menipulah, khianatilah, menyamunlah dan begitulah seterusnya. Semua adalah halal bagi Machiavelli.
Laporan akhbar 6 Ogos 1999 juga ada perkaitan dengan krisis nilai ini apabila seorang tokoh koporat berpangkat Datuk, telah menceritakan di mahkamah tentang hubungan seksnya dengan seorang pembaca berita RTM. Beliau mengatakan bahawa niatnya adalah suci kerana bertujuan untuk mengahwininya. Itulah nilai yang sedang melanda dunia sekarang: Seks adalah suci walaupun tanpa perkahwinan!
Memang ada yang mengatakan bahawa pergaulan dan seks bebas ini adalah lambang kemajuan dan kemodenan. Nilai agama dan akhlak adalah kolot. Jika demikian, mari kita perhatikan hasil dan sumbangan seks bebas kepada dunia.
Seks bebas telah berjaya merebakkan penyakit AIDS, contohnya di Thailand, sehinggakan akhbar Der Spiegel pernah menjadikan tajuk AIDS in Asia - Killer Epidemic in Sex Paradise (AIDS di Asia - Wabak Pembunuh di Syurga Seks), sebagai tajuk muka depannya.
Di California, hampir 61,000 bayi luar nikah dilahirkan pada tahun 1997. Kajian oleh Jabatan Perkhidmatan Kesihatan dan Kemanusiaan Amerika mendapati bahawa anak-anak luar nikah ini mempunyai lebih daripada dua kali ganda kemungkinan diserangi masalah emosi di dalam hidup mereka, berbanding dengan anak-anak lain (Rujukan: California Teenage Pregnancy Statistics).
Kita di Malaysia juga telah dimalukan dengan penonjolan kes pembuangan bayi luar nikah di kalangan remaja-remaja kita. Semua ini bukanlah sumbangan yang membanggakan bagi dunia moden.
Islam menekankan bahawa niat dan cara perlu betul. Niat kena ikhlas, cara kena mengikut syariat. Syariat mengharamkan zina. Nabi kita bersabda, Selepas dosa syirik kepada Allah, tidak ada dosa yang lebih besar daripada seseorang meletakkan air maninya ke faraj yang tidak halal baginya! (Hadis riwayat Ahmad & Thabrani)
Saya berharap saudara Yang Ikhlas akan kembali ke jalan yang murni berdasarkan agama. Seks bebas dan keruntuhan moral bukannya lambang kemajuan sebaliknya lambang kemunduran dan kehancuran.
Kaum Lut hancur kerananya. Kota Pompei hancur kerananya. Empayar Rom juga hancur keranannya. Justeru, kembalilah ke pangkal jalan.
Nukilan Dr. Danial bin Zainal Abidin
p/s: sama-samalah kita mengambil iktibar daripada soal jawab ini, satu pendekatan yang cukup bagus.
Related post: melayu, agama, islam, motivasi, info